An architect who was previously registered in Alabama can have his registration reinstated by applying directly to the Board.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE NEEDED FOR REINSTATEMENT OF YOUR ALABAMA REGISTRATION:
- Completed Alabama Application for Reinstatement;
- Completed Reinstatement Affidavit;
- Completed Continuing Education Annual Report Form . List 12 structured health, safety and welfare continuing education hours earned in the prior year.
- Citizenship Affidavit and acceptable documentation.
- Copy of your wallet card or a letter from your resident state, which indicates you are in good standing; and
- A certified check made payable to Alabama Board of Architects in the amount of $460, which includes a $250 reinstatement application fee, $135 registration renewal fee, and $75 late penalty. Payment may be made via credit card by calling Board Staff at (334) 242-4179.
After completing forms, please mail all items to the Board’s address listed on the application. Upon receipt of this information, your application will be reviewed by the Board’s Executive Director. NOTE: Once your reinstatement application is received, it could take up to two weeks before you are registered, assuming everything submitted is approved.
When using an overnight delivery service (UPS, FedEx, etc) for submittal of your application, please use the zip code for our physical location – 36104.