Registration By Reciprocity
By statute, architects registered in another state can be registered in
Alabama through transmittal of an NCARB council record (blue cover). The
Alabama application and NCARB transmittal forms are available directly from
NCARB by following these instructions:
- Go to the National Council of Architectural Registration
Boards’ (NCARB) website at
- Click on the MY NCARB Log In button.
- Enter that person’s ‘Council Record Number and
- Click on ‘Request Transmittal’.
- Click on ‘Alabama’.
- Follow the Registration Requirements for Alabama.
The Alabama Board requires that you submit a Citizenship Affidavit and acceptable documentation, such as current driver’s license or passport, with your Uniform Application for
Architect Registration. The application link is on the Transmittal Instructions for Alabama page on NCARB’s website.
- Once the State application and NCARB record are
received, the application and record will be reviewed by the
Director. Assuming all documentation is in
order, applications are processed weekly.